Veterinarians and veterinary nurses from foreign countries who are interested in working in Australia must check that they have permission to work in Australia and that their qualifications will be recognised.
For visa and immigration information we recommend starting at the website of the, Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs
Information about qualifications can be obtained from the Veterinary Surgeons' Boards of the various States.
- New South Wales - www.vpb.nsw.gov.au
- Queenlsand - www.vsb.qld.gov.au
- South Australia - www.vsbsa.org.au
- Tasmania - www.dpiw.tas.gov.au
- Victoria - www.vetboard.vic.gov.au
- Western Australia - www.vsbwa.org.au