Adelaide, and Australia in general are slowly moving towards cat curfew and registration laws. These are aimed to:
- Encourage responsible cat ownership,
- Reduce the number of unwanted cats being bred,
- Allow for cats found in a public place or on private property to be seized, and
- Assist with reuniting of lost cats with their owners.
To be compliant with the new cat laws, all cat owners must ensure their cat is:
- Sterilised and
- Registered with the local council
For up-to-date rules please see your local council website.