If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, or if you think your pet is not at its optimum body condition, you may want to talk to your healthcare team about a weight management program.
Here’s some weighty questions for your pet…
- Do you have difficulty feeling your pet’s ribs?
- Is there little or no ‘waist’?
- Do you give your pet table scraps or leftovers?
- Is your pet reluctant to exercise?
- Does your pet seem to tire easily with activity?
- Does your pet waddle when it walks?
- Does your pet keep eating so long as there is food in the bowl?
- Have you been told your pet is overweight?
A yes to more than one of these questions may mean your pet’s diet and exercise program needs to be revised!